April 21, 2011

Kavin Dehner, Boise


I am currently the Office Manager at a.l.p.h.a. and have been with the organization for almost 8 years.
In that time I have held many different positions.  My time with a.l.p.h.a. has been the best in my life.  When I am not involved I always feel like there is a piece of me is missing.
My time with a.l.p.h.a. has prepared me for more than I ever expected.  It has made it possible to be with and love the most amazing person in the world. We have been together for 5 years and without the knowledge and experiences I have had with a.l.p.h.a. I would not have been ready for this relationship because my spouse is HIV positive.  We found out that Jerry was HIV Positive about 2 months into our relationship and it has brought us closer and made our life together much richer because my passion and work affects us both and is a joint passion.  I never thought before a.l.p.h.a. that I would be able to have the strength as a person to date someone, let alone be married to someone with something like HIV. 
Now that I am the Office Manager and get to do this work full time. I wake up everyday thankful for the work I get to do.  I know that the work I do makes a difference.  I also get to work with some of the most amazing people from all walks of life that without a.l.p.h.a.; I never would have come in contact with them.  I am thankful everyday for my amazing co-workers and the partners we work with, and all of the amazing clients who enrich my life more and more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment